Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Difficulty restoring backup on new iPad

Have been getting an error message that I can’t restore my backup from my old iPad to my new one for hours. I have tried direct from iPad, from iCloud, and connected to my computer. Nothing works. What else can I try?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 9:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 6:18 AM

Hi judysings,

Both of my devices has the most up to date software. I went in to my apple store and got a assistance. It turns out that somewhere on my old iPad there is a corrupt file. We couldn’t even delete the back up from iCloud!

Regards,

apmezzo

2 replies

Mar 17, 2021 4:09 PM in response to apmezzo

Hi apmezzo,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you may be trying to restore a backup from a device that was on an older version of iOS, is that what the error indicates? If so, we would love to help see if we can get the issue resolved for you. Let's go ahead and follow the troubleshooting steps we've linked for you below.

Restore an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when a later version of iOS or iPadOS is required

If that doesn't address the issue, please provide additional details about what's happening, including any error messages you're getting. We're always happy to help.

Cheers!

Difficulty restoring backup on new iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.