Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos - Projects

I have several Projects that I have created in Photos. I create the Projects and then attach music from my Apple Music. I would like to know how to save Project on a thump drive or DVD so it then can be watched on TV. I want to send the thumb drive or DVD to family so they can watch on their TV.

Thank you.

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 9:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 2:24 AM

If you are attaching music from the subscription of apple music it is subject to DRM protection, and you won't be able to save your project as a video file.

You can use music ripped from CD's, or music you have purchased.

In which case (and I assume you are talking about a slideshow project), you click on the export button top right, next to the search bar (this is on catalina - position may be different on other versions of MacOS). This will export a video file of your slideshow which you can copy to a thumbdrive.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2021 2:24 AM in response to Hodgplex12

If you are attaching music from the subscription of apple music it is subject to DRM protection, and you won't be able to save your project as a video file.

You can use music ripped from CD's, or music you have purchased.

In which case (and I assume you are talking about a slideshow project), you click on the export button top right, next to the search bar (this is on catalina - position may be different on other versions of MacOS). This will export a video file of your slideshow which you can copy to a thumbdrive.

Photos - Projects

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.