Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is DCM icon?

What is the DCM icon in upper right of iPhone screen?

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 5:14 AM

9 replies

Mar 18, 2021 6:46 AM in response to Walletarian

Hi there Walletarian,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand you're seeing DCM in the upper-right corner of your iPhone screen. We'd like to hear more about this to help figure out what this is exactly.

We can see you're already coming to the Communities from Status icons and symbols on your iPhone. We don't see DCM listed there either. In that article, you can see what you should see in the upper-right corner of your iPhone display, however.

-Can you tell us what's to the right and left of this DCM icon in the upper-right corner?

-Do you notice DCM present when your iPhone screen is locked, unlocked or both?

-Do you only notice it showing DCM while you're performing certain tasks on your iPhone, like using a certain app, or connecting to certain devices, vehicles, etc.? It could be related to an app you're using or to a vehicle you're connecting to. Looking DCM icon up on the internet shows a possibility that it could represent 'Data Communication Module'.

The more details you can provide, the better chance we have of figuring this out together with you here in the Communities.

Thank you!

Mar 18, 2021 8:19 AM in response to Sharon_419

Attached is a screen shot.

It's not there all the time. I believe it happens when I am not connected by WiFi, and am using cellular data.

It does not seem app related, I usually have several apps open at any given time, and it does not disappear when toggling between apps.

I only saw it when unlocked.

It did it both in the home and on the road connected to automobile Bluetooth.

I did look up DCM on the web and came up dry. It could be from my phone service provider. I can check with AT&T as well.

Thanks.

Mar 18, 2021 8:35 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

Aha! I think I know how I seeded confusion.

The picture is NOT a screen shot of my Apple device as you posited. As I was sitting at a traffic light, I took a PHOTO of my 4Runner or Outback screen.

The DCM icons also show on my iPhone. I'll get an actual phone screenshot next time it happens.

Thanks for you assistance and apologize for the confusion.

Duh.

Id10T user error....

What is DCM icon?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.