Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Install MacOs Catalina" Application under launchpad

Hello-

My 2020 MacBook Air is currently running the newest version of MacOS BigSur, however under my launchpad I see there is an "Install MacOs Catalina" application. When I attempt to open the app the following prompt appears with the only option being to quit the program- "This copy of MacOs Catalina is too old to be opened on this version of macOs". This installer is taking up quite a bit of space 8.26GB, would i be able to delete this off my applications with now repercussions to my computer files or settings?

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 8:59 AM

Yes of course you can delete it without repercussions.

Unless of course you may decide one day to install Catalina back on your mac or on another mac

then the best thing to do would be to copy it over to an external drive and then delete it from your mac.

It is always good to keep these installers before Apple stops allowing them to be downloaded.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2021 8:59 AM in response to chris-9822

Yes of course you can delete it without repercussions.

Unless of course you may decide one day to install Catalina back on your mac or on another mac

then the best thing to do would be to copy it over to an external drive and then delete it from your mac.

It is always good to keep these installers before Apple stops allowing them to be downloaded.

"Install MacOs Catalina" Application under launchpad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.