Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is my storage full when i have 128gb

I dont understand what gb means when you buy the phone. Is it how much the phone can hold, because i have like 900 pictures and i think my icloud (5gb) is full because it says my storage is full all the time. And what is "other"? It uses about 20% of my storage

iPhone 11

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 10:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 11:39 AM

Kathytrn wrote:

I dont understand what gb means when you buy the phone. Is it how much the phone can hold, because i have like 900 pictures and i think my icloud (5gb) is full because it says my storage is full all the time. And what is "other"? It uses about 20% of my storage

You have 128 GB of internal storage.

You have free 5GB of icloud storage for either backing up or syncing to icloud. You can purchase more icloud storage you can get 50GB for 99cents a month.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2021 11:39 AM in response to Kathytrn

Kathytrn wrote:

You have 128 GB of internal storage.

You have free 5GB of icloud storage for either backing up or syncing to icloud. You can purchase more icloud storage you can get 50GB for 99cents a month.

why is my storage full when i have 128gb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.