You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

42mm 7000 series reset

How do I factory reset it, my phone isn’t paired with it. And I forgot the password. I’ve tried pressing the power off slider. Can’t find anything helpful on youtube

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 10:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 10:20 AM

Hi! You can reset your Apple Watch without an iPhone using the following steps:

1. Put your watch on its charger and keep it there until you complete these steps.
  2. Press and hold the side button until you see Power Off.
  3. Press and hold the Digital Crown until you see Erase all content and settings.
  4. Tap Reset, then tap Reset again to confirm.
  5. Wait for the process to finish, then set up your Apple Watch again. When asked, restore from a backup.

Please be aware that erasing all content and settings erases all media, data, and settings from your Apple Watch, but it does not remove Activation Lock. To remove Activation Lock, unpair the watch first. Before your watch is erased, a backup of its contents is created on your iPhone.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 17, 2021 10:20 AM in response to teslim82

Hi! You can reset your Apple Watch without an iPhone using the following steps:

1. Put your watch on its charger and keep it there until you complete these steps.
  2. Press and hold the side button until you see Power Off.
  3. Press and hold the Digital Crown until you see Erase all content and settings.
  4. Tap Reset, then tap Reset again to confirm.
  5. Wait for the process to finish, then set up your Apple Watch again. When asked, restore from a backup.

Please be aware that erasing all content and settings erases all media, data, and settings from your Apple Watch, but it does not remove Activation Lock. To remove Activation Lock, unpair the watch first. Before your watch is erased, a backup of its contents is created on your iPhone.

Mar 17, 2021 10:37 AM in response to teslim82

To unpair and erase watch and remove Activation Lock.

On a computer, go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID.

Go to Find Iphone.

Select All Devices, then click your Apple Watch.

Click Erase Apple Watch.

Select Next until the device is erased.

Click the remove button next to your Apple Watch.

42mm 7000 series reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.