Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Big Sur Finder Crashing

I am running MacOS Big Sur, 11.2.3 (20D91) -- where I am experiencing the Finder crashing from time to time. That is, suddenly all my desktop icons disappear where I need to "pkill -i Finder" which restarts and fixes the problem.

Is anyone experiencing this?

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 12:55 PM

To respond to your question, I'm not experiencing this on either my 2018 Mac mini or 2020 MacBook Pro (Intel). I'm sure you have already tried a number of things, but just in case, I suggest giving the following a go:

• Create a new user account. Log out of your existing account, and then, log back in with the new account.
  • Boot up in Safe Mode
  • Run an EtreCheck report. I'm sure you are familiar with this app. Post the results if you need any assistance with it.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2021 12:55 PM in response to Forrest

To respond to your question, I'm not experiencing this on either my 2018 Mac mini or 2020 MacBook Pro (Intel). I'm sure you have already tried a number of things, but just in case, I suggest giving the following a go:

• Create a new user account. Log out of your existing account, and then, log back in with the new account.
  • Boot up in Safe Mode
  • Run an EtreCheck report. I'm sure you are familiar with this app. Post the results if you need any assistance with it.

Apr 7, 2021 6:35 AM in response to Forrest

my finder has issues often now with Big Sur also. I use a server for work so I have a lot of issues connecting to that now, I can only do it once without restarting. Can't open a new window and go to it without saying connecting.... transferring files and some won't delete, or it will just freeze up mid-transfer. Very annoying. Big Sur has been a big problem so far.

MacOS Big Sur Finder Crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.