Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud backup

I’m not sure why I can’t backup my phone to iCloud.

I got a new iPhone XR today, and I have 2.3 GB out of 5GB used, but I have that message that says, “This iPhone cannot be backed up because there is not enough iCloud storage available”.

However, my iPad, which is on the same Apple ID, is able to be backed up. I backed it up manually just to make sure. Any advice?

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 3:25 PM

cc12may Said:

"iCloud backup: [...]I have that message that says, “This iPhone cannot be backed up because there is not enough iCloud storage available”. [...]I backed it up manually just to make sure."

-------

Upgrade Strage:

You need to upgrade your storage.

Read the Message in the second screenshot: "This iPhone cannot be backed up because there is not enough iCloud storage available."

Go Here: iCloud Storage Plans and Pricing - Apple Support

Screenshot:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2021 3:25 PM in response to cc12may

cc12may Said:

"iCloud backup: [...]I have that message that says, “This iPhone cannot be backed up because there is not enough iCloud storage available”. [...]I backed it up manually just to make sure."

-------

Upgrade Strage:

You need to upgrade your storage.

Read the Message in the second screenshot: "This iPhone cannot be backed up because there is not enough iCloud storage available."

Go Here: iCloud Storage Plans and Pricing - Apple Support

Screenshot:

iCloud backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.