Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook App/Messenger login error

Hi, I try and login to Facebook an it just says “Login error an unexpected error has occurred. Please try logging in again” this is on both Facebook and Messenger i was on my Facebook normally and it shut itself out twice and on the second time I just could get back in. But my web browser Facebook works.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 9:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 9:11 AM

Hello bmcfa43,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We understand that you're experiencing an error when attempting to log into the Facebook and Messenger app, but you're able to successfully log into these services using a browser. We're happy to do all we can to assist.

First, we'd recommend making sure your device is updated to the latest version of iOS. Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

After confirming that the software on your iPhone is up-to-date, check for updates in the App Store. How to manually update apps on your Apple device

Attempting to log in while connected to a different network (Wi-Fi or cellular) may help as well.

If you continue to experience issues, you'll want to contact the app developer. How to contact an app developer

Let us know if this helps.

Cheers!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2021 9:11 AM in response to bmcfa43

Hello bmcfa43,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We understand that you're experiencing an error when attempting to log into the Facebook and Messenger app, but you're able to successfully log into these services using a browser. We're happy to do all we can to assist.

First, we'd recommend making sure your device is updated to the latest version of iOS. Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

After confirming that the software on your iPhone is up-to-date, check for updates in the App Store. How to manually update apps on your Apple device

Attempting to log in while connected to a different network (Wi-Fi or cellular) may help as well.

If you continue to experience issues, you'll want to contact the app developer. How to contact an app developer

Let us know if this helps.

Cheers!

Mar 23, 2021 7:19 AM in response to bmcfa43

bmcfa43,

We understand wanting to get this resolved so you have access to your account using the apps on your iPhone. If the steps we sent over previously didn't resolve the issue, working with the developer of the app is going to be the best path forward.

Check out the support page here for more information. Login and Password Help Center

Regards.

Facebook App/Messenger login error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.