Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change SSID on my router

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 1:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 2:01 AM

You need the user manual of your specific modem-router model (I think you can download the manual opening its manufacturer's website and searching for support).

When done, these are the suggested configuration options you should look for:--> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2021 2:01 AM in response to Jobob0519

You need the user manual of your specific modem-router model (I think you can download the manual opening its manufacturer's website and searching for support).

When done, these are the suggested configuration options you should look for:--> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

Mar 18, 2021 2:09 AM in response to Jobob0519

It depends on your router. In general the procedure is:

• Use a desktop connected via Ethernet (best option) since if you chnage the name a Wifi device may disconnect
  • Open a browser (such as Safari) and connect to router: checked your documentation for router address. It shuold be something like 192.168.0.1
  • Enter router configuration mode and follow router instructions
  • You might have to restart router afterwards

That's the general procedure...

Maurizio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.