Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Firefox disappearance

Foxfire and all my bookmarks have disappeared from my iMac. What caused this, how do I recover it,

and how do I prevent it in the future?

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 8:19 AM

Is it missing from your Dock or missing from your hard drive. They are not the same.

Open your Applications folder and see if it is present. If not, look in Trash.

If it is neither place, you can download FireFox again. Because FireFox stores its data in the Users folder, any bookmarks should be restored even if you must install a fresh copy of FF.

Dowwnload: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

What caused this, how do I recover it,

That is hard to answer without more information, such as what iMac you have, what operating system it runs, and what actions/activity preceded the disappearance. I used to find things on my Macs out of sort every time my granddaughter visited when she was a toddler!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2021 8:19 AM in response to prestigesound

Is it missing from your Dock or missing from your hard drive. They are not the same.

Open your Applications folder and see if it is present. If not, look in Trash.

If it is neither place, you can download FireFox again. Because FireFox stores its data in the Users folder, any bookmarks should be restored even if you must install a fresh copy of FF.

Dowwnload: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

What caused this, how do I recover it,

That is hard to answer without more information, such as what iMac you have, what operating system it runs, and what actions/activity preceded the disappearance. I used to find things on my Macs out of sort every time my granddaughter visited when she was a toddler!

Firefox disappearance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.