Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud upgrades

if i upgrade to the 2tb plan to share it with my family, does each member of my family has to cancel their individual subscription so they can use the 2TB?

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 3:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 3:08 PM

See the following from: Share an iCloud storage plan with your family - Apple Support

When you share your iCloud storage, any family members using the free 5GB plan are added to your family plan automatically.

If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud storage plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time.

Follow these steps to switch to the shared family plan on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Go to Settings > [your name].
  2. Tap Family Sharing, then tap iCloud Storage.
  3. Tap Use Family Storage. 

Follow these steps to switch to the shared family plan on a Mac:

1. Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Family Sharing.  
  2. Click iCloud Storage.
  3. Click Use Family Storage. 

If you're using macOS Mojave or earlier:

1. Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click iCloud.
  2. Click Manage Family. 
  3. Go to My Apps & Services. 
  4. Click Use Family Storage. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2021 3:08 PM in response to SofiNoor

See the following from: Share an iCloud storage plan with your family - Apple Support

When you share your iCloud storage, any family members using the free 5GB plan are added to your family plan automatically.

If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud storage plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time.

Follow these steps to switch to the shared family plan on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Go to Settings > [your name].
  2. Tap Family Sharing, then tap iCloud Storage.
  3. Tap Use Family Storage. 

Follow these steps to switch to the shared family plan on a Mac:

1. Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Family Sharing.  
  2. Click iCloud Storage.
  3. Click Use Family Storage. 

If you're using macOS Mojave or earlier:

1. Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click iCloud.
  2. Click Manage Family. 
  3. Go to My Apps & Services. 
  4. Click Use Family Storage. 

icloud upgrades

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.