Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini M1 can I connect 2x monitors by Thunderbolt / USB 4

Hello, can I connect 2 LG 4K UltraFine monitors to my mac mini m1? By Thunderbolt / USB 4

So, 2 monitors and each of them is connected by Thunderbolt / USB 4

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 9:16 PM

7 replies

Mar 29, 2021 1:54 AM in response to jules94fromUH

You are in the Mac mini section. The M1 chip supports two displays. On the M1 Mac mini, one is via HDMI, the other via Thunderbolt/USB-C. On the M1 laptops, one is the internal display, so there can be only one external display.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020) - Technical Specifications

"One external display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz"

Mar 23, 2021 11:53 AM in response to i7or

OWC has an adapter available. I used it with 2 - 24" led cinema displays w/mini-displayport cables connected to my MacBookPro 2016 mojave and it worked fine until I tried to use the two monitors with the MBP closed at which point the color profile for the LCD was used on the first external monitor. I was unable to profile the first monitor when the MBP was closed although the device worked as expected when the computer was open. The output is for DisplayPort so I purchased two displayport to mini-displayport adapters on amazon. This may have been an OS issue that may have been fixed in a newer release as opposed to a hardware problem but I cannot say for sure. OWC (.com) is always helpful and will insure it works or refund your purchase.

https://eshop.macsales.com/Search/?filter.catidpath=4159&filter.dimension_cable_category_169=Video%20Cables

Mar 27, 2021 7:28 PM in response to i7or

I purchased the Caldigit thunderbolt mini to allow me to use two monitors with my MacBook Pro MI. Only one monitor is showing up and the resolution is blurred.

I purchased the Caldigit from the Apple site thinking that this would work, as it was being sold by Apple, after having purchased a Saferell that also only let me connect one monitor. At least the Saferell gives me a clear resolution with no blurring but I cannot get the other monitor to connect

Mac Mini M1 can I connect 2x monitors by Thunderbolt / USB 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.