Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use my cursor on a second screen / monitor while it also appearing on the macbook itself?

Is there anyway to keep my macbook cursor on the main screen while using the same cursor on a second monitor? I want to be able to use the mouse on a second monitor while still showing the cursor on the main macbook screen. I'd appreciate the help : )

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 9:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 10:07 PM

There is no way to do this. The cursor is there to show you where you are going to type. If you move to a new screen and put your cursor on that screen, you are basically taking the new app that you clicked in and making that the active app. This is causing the cursor to move over there because this is where you are going to be typing. Even if you were to use just one monitor and you change the active app on the single screen, the cursor on the app that was put in the background goes away. When you click back on that app and make that the active app again, then the cursor will be back there where you left off.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2021 10:07 PM in response to Raiyge

There is no way to do this. The cursor is there to show you where you are going to type. If you move to a new screen and put your cursor on that screen, you are basically taking the new app that you clicked in and making that the active app. This is causing the cursor to move over there because this is where you are going to be typing. Even if you were to use just one monitor and you change the active app on the single screen, the cursor on the app that was put in the background goes away. When you click back on that app and make that the active app again, then the cursor will be back there where you left off.

Can I use my cursor on a second screen / monitor while it also appearing on the macbook itself?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.