Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Max noise control button not functioning

AirPods Max noise control button not functioning and unable to reset or pair AirPods Max with iPhone. I’ve only had the AirPods Max a few weeks and they stopped pairing noise control button does not appear to be functional.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 1:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2021 3:32 AM

I had Same fault after 3weeks. Started with ear detection Intermittently not being recognised, reboot solved this. Next came connectivity problems, Bluetooth not found. Factory reset solved, resets multiple times a day. Until button stopped working. Crown works fine. Need too hold down both too reset. Nothing. Returned to store awaiting repair.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2021 3:32 AM in response to Michael_174

I had Same fault after 3weeks. Started with ear detection Intermittently not being recognised, reboot solved this. Next came connectivity problems, Bluetooth not found. Factory reset solved, resets multiple times a day. Until button stopped working. Crown works fine. Need too hold down both too reset. Nothing. Returned to store awaiting repair.

Mar 22, 2021 10:26 AM in response to Michael_174

I received a message from Apple stating my AirPods Max have been repaired and will ship soon. I called Apple and asked what the repair was however the adviser could not access the information. Has anyone else had a repair and what the repair was? I am worried that these expensive headphones have broken down within a month and I still have no idea what went wrong with them and what the repair was.

Apr 2, 2021 12:45 AM in response to Michael_174

I’ve tried two pairs of them and each time had the exact issue and ended up returning them. You have to press it very firmly for it to work, not on the side, not too sudden or too gentle. As a result, controls like holding the button for connecting a new device simply won’t work, because the button doesn’t keep contact with whatever pad underneath it all the time.

Apr 2, 2021 5:07 AM in response to Michael_174

It’s not the button. I can’t fault the buttons on the AirPods Max. Just off the phone to Apple support and they said it’ll have to be assessed again by their technicians as it sounds like a fault with the Bluetooth connection. This is now the second time I’ve had to send them back for repair with the same Bluetooth connection fault. Quite worrying.

AirPods Max noise control button not functioning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.