Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a problem with my iMac. Yesterday I started an upgrade to Big Sur OS, to run overnight. Today it is “running Setup Assistant, but all that appears to be happening is the little coloured disc is spinning, so I can’t do anything. The screen is b

I have a problem with my iMac. Yesterday I started an upgrade to Big Sur OS, to run overnight. Today it is “running Setup Assistant, but all that appears to be happening is the little coloured disc is spinning, so I can’t do anything. The screen is black with the top menu strip grey, with white menu items with Setup Assistant.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 7:24 AM

Please force shutdown the computer, then restart and hold down the power button for about 15 seconds.

1 reply

I have a problem with my iMac. Yesterday I started an upgrade to Big Sur OS, to run overnight. Today it is “running Setup Assistant, but all that appears to be happening is the little coloured disc is spinning, so I can’t do anything. The screen is b

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.