Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad was stolen this morning . What do I do? I just tried the find my iPhone app

My iPad was stolen this morning . What do I do? I just tried the find my iPhone app

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 8:12 AM

Here is Apple’s advice for lost or stolen devices:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device – Apple Support

If the Find My iPad feature was enabled prior to it being “misplaced”, then if active, you would stand a good chance of locating it. 

However, if the feature was not activated prior to being misplaced - or the iPad has been inactive for more than 24 hours, the last known location will not be available - and the opportunity to use technical means to recover the iPad have been lost.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2021 8:12 AM in response to acholmes3000

Here is Apple’s advice for lost or stolen devices:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device – Apple Support

If the Find My iPad feature was enabled prior to it being “misplaced”, then if active, you would stand a good chance of locating it. 

However, if the feature was not activated prior to being misplaced - or the iPad has been inactive for more than 24 hours, the last known location will not be available - and the opportunity to use technical means to recover the iPad have been lost.

Mar 19, 2021 8:57 AM in response to acholmes3000

Okay, here’s the bottom line. File a police report ASAP. If you do find it DO NOT attempt to recover it as this may place you in grave danger from the thief and his/her cohorts. Report its location to the police. However, some police departments will not take action because of internal policies. Apple does not cooperate in finding your device, nor will they cooperate in recovering it. Follow the instructions provided by LotusPilot.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.