Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to clean up Other folder?

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 9:40 AM

The Other category is not a folder.

See used and available storage space on your Mac, which has this to say about the Other category:

2 replies

Apr 16, 2021 10:06 AM in response to wocasio

I have this same issue. Roughly 110 Gb is stored on "Other." This is more than all my personal data (pictures, music, documents, email, etc) combined. And I'm reaching the limit of my available 250 Gb storage.

I tried Apple support and the person I spoke with wasn't much help. Then I tried making hidden files visible, checking them out, and discovered that the Library folder in my Home/Username folder had over 100 Gb. So my question to Apple support is, how can I identify which of the files in this Library folder need to be kept, and which can be removed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.