Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downgrade iPad Pro 3rd Gen iOS 14.4

Hi, I recently upgraded my MBP to the latest OS, so I also updated my iPad Pro as well.

After finishing all my upgrades, I found that some of the software that I use were no longer compatible with the new OS.

I decided to restore my MBP back to what I had before which is OS 10.14.3. That was successful. But when I tried to restore my iPad, it forces me to upgrade back to the latest iOS. I tried installing an unsigned ipsw, but that doesn't work.

Is it possible that I downgrade my iPad myself or bring it to an Apple store for an employee to downgrade it?

Thanks

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 11:51 AM

It is not possible to restore an earlier version of iOS/iPadOS. 

All versions are digitally signed by Apple; digital signatures of old versions of System Software are revoked by Apple soon after release of an updated version of the Operating System. As all digital signatures are verified as valid prior to installation, older versions cannot be (re)installed. An Apple Store has no ability to (re)install an earlier version.

If you are reliant upon software that does not work with the currently installed version of iOS/iPadOS, you are totally dependent upon the Developer updating/fixing their App.

How to contact an app developer – Apple Support

Be aware that if you attempt to jailbreak your iPad, you will forfeit all warranty and support from Apple.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2021 11:51 AM in response to kingarawana

It is not possible to restore an earlier version of iOS/iPadOS. 

All versions are digitally signed by Apple; digital signatures of old versions of System Software are revoked by Apple soon after release of an updated version of the Operating System. As all digital signatures are verified as valid prior to installation, older versions cannot be (re)installed. An Apple Store has no ability to (re)install an earlier version.

If you are reliant upon software that does not work with the currently installed version of iOS/iPadOS, you are totally dependent upon the Developer updating/fixing their App.

How to contact an app developer – Apple Support

Be aware that if you attempt to jailbreak your iPad, you will forfeit all warranty and support from Apple.

Downgrade iPad Pro 3rd Gen iOS 14.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.