Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I would like to buy apple care

I just bought a MacBook Air from some one and I would like to buy more apple care

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 2:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 2:31 PM

If the Apple Care was transferred to you from the previous owner, then you may be able to extend it via the Monthly option: link-> Extend your AppleCare+ coverage - Apple Support

If not, and if it has been more than 60 days since it was purchased from Apple, there is no way to add Apple Care to it now.

2 replies

Mar 19, 2021 4:37 PM in response to Dapay09

Unless the "someone" is an authorized Apple reseller and the product is brand new, you cannot buy Applecare on a used product. If the Mac is used and had/has unexpired Applecare, you can call Apple and make sure the records are changed so it shows under your devices. It will continue to be covered but only up to the original expiration date - you cannot extend it on a computer. At the moment Applecare plus can only be extended on an iPhone.

I would like to buy apple care

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.