Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My watch series 4 still has the Home Screen with clock but when I press the big digits crown button I get the message “turn Digital Crown to unlock and eject water,”. The watch did not get wet. Any thoughts?

watch still has tone screen but when i press the digital crrown i get the message. "turn digital crown to unlock and eject water.". cant get anything else.

Apple Watch Series 3, 5

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 8:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 11:47 AM

You may have turn on the Water Lock by mistake in the Control Center.

The Water Lock has to be manually turned on, meaning that it won't turn on automatically if the Watch encounters water (How to use Water Lock and eject water from your Apple Watch - Apple Support).

Some users actually use this feature when they see that they accidentally turn or push the crown, or tap the display during workouts.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2021 11:47 AM in response to Caroneal

You may have turn on the Water Lock by mistake in the Control Center.

The Water Lock has to be manually turned on, meaning that it won't turn on automatically if the Watch encounters water (How to use Water Lock and eject water from your Apple Watch - Apple Support).

Some users actually use this feature when they see that they accidentally turn or push the crown, or tap the display during workouts.

My watch series 4 still has the Home Screen with clock but when I press the big digits crown button I get the message “turn Digital Crown to unlock and eject water,”. The watch did not get wet. Any thoughts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.