Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virus?!

I have an iPad mini four, and I hit links I shouldn’t have on accident, I go to my calendar and all these pop ups come up and I can’t delete them, what do I do?!

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 11:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 4:02 AM

The problem that you describe is very easy to resolve.

It is highly probable that an inadvertent click on a website link has “subscribed” an additional (unwanted) Calendar to your device - and this unexpected Calendar is exposing unwanted calendar events and sending you unexpected “adverts” or other warnings. 

Let’s check for what’s out of place...

iOS/iPadOS13 and earlier: Settings > Passwords and Accounts

iOS/iPadOS14: Settings > Calendar > Accounts

Look for an “account” that shouldn’t be in the list of accounts - as this will likely include the Calendar that contains all the unwanted events. When you find the suspect account, tap - then select Delete Account. This should resolve the problem in its entirety.

I hope you find this helpful in finding the source - and in resolving the issue if an unexpected Calendar is found.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2021 4:02 AM in response to bryna289

The problem that you describe is very easy to resolve.

It is highly probable that an inadvertent click on a website link has “subscribed” an additional (unwanted) Calendar to your device - and this unexpected Calendar is exposing unwanted calendar events and sending you unexpected “adverts” or other warnings. 

Let’s check for what’s out of place...

iOS/iPadOS13 and earlier: Settings > Passwords and Accounts

iOS/iPadOS14: Settings > Calendar > Accounts

Look for an “account” that shouldn’t be in the list of accounts - as this will likely include the Calendar that contains all the unwanted events. When you find the suspect account, tap - then select Delete Account. This should resolve the problem in its entirety.

I hope you find this helpful in finding the source - and in resolving the issue if an unexpected Calendar is found.

Virus?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.