Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted messages in iPhone Messages app not syncing to Apple Watch

My Apple Watch is setup to mirror my iPhone, but when I delete messages on my iPhone they still show up on my Apple Watch. I remember Apple made it possible to sync messages across devices awhile ago so I don't understand why this is happening. I've already unpaired my Apple Watch from my iPhone and repaired using a backup but still encounter the problem. Has anyone else experienced this and/or know of a fix?

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 7

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 12:33 PM

Hello Jason,

From your post it would appear you want your Apple Watch messages to mirror your iPhone. Let's take a look at the settings to start.

On your iPhone, tap on the Apple Watch App. Tap on Notifications > Messages. Be sure that Mirror my iPhone is selected. More information is available here: Read messages on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Cheers!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2021 12:33 PM in response to JasonJasper

Hello Jason,

From your post it would appear you want your Apple Watch messages to mirror your iPhone. Let's take a look at the settings to start.

On your iPhone, tap on the Apple Watch App. Tap on Notifications > Messages. Be sure that Mirror my iPhone is selected. More information is available here: Read messages on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Cheers!

Deleted messages in iPhone Messages app not syncing to Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.