Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air not connecting to magic mouse

I want to use the 2nd generation magic mouse, when I want to connect it to my Mac. But It doesnt show up on the Bluetooth settings.

This is similar to my iPad Air 2

What is the problem and How could I resolve it?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252581159

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 10:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 8:06 PM

It can only be used with one device at a time. You must unpair it from one device in order to use it with another device. If the mouse was already [aired with another device, that would result in the problem you are seeing when you try to connect it to your Mac.

7 replies

Mar 21, 2021 7:36 PM in response to Calvin_BT

Your other post about this was about an iPad also not recognizing the mouse. If neither the Mac nor the iPad can be made to connect to the mouse, then, there may be a problem with the mouse.

One problem could be that the mouse is paired with another device. In that case, you must unpair it before using it with another Mac (or iPad).

If you managed to get it working with the iPad, then you would need unpair it from the iPad in order to use it with the Mac.

Also, in the image you posted, the mouse is switched off. Of course, it would need to be switched on for it to pair and work with another device.

Mar 22, 2021 2:00 AM in response to Calvin_BT

Calvin_BT wrote:

I already switched on before but it still doesn’t connect. Can it connect 2 or more devices?

Not finished What - are we supposed to guess ? Have an idea - charging ?

As Learned Colleague @steve626 outlined - Apple Bluetooth Devices can only be paired to one device at a time. To pair to second device requires Unpairing from one device and pairing to second device. Each time the same device is moved to another device requires the same process - unpair and pair.

MacBook Air not connecting to magic mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.