Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook will not open in Safari- too many directives. Never had the problem before and not sure what this means as I am not tech savy

Safari will not open Facebook Page- too many directives and does not support Facebook? I have tried all avenues I think but still not work. It does open all other websites.

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 11:13 PM

8 replies

Apr 13, 2021 6:58 AM in response to barbel64

Redirections are a web server function. That is, web servers redirect web pages to other web pages. Too many redirects is either too many sequential redirects in a row, or probably more commonly looping redirections (a > b > c > a > b > ...), and the redirection logic involved is solely under the control of the web server maintainers.

FaceBook are having some difficultly maintaining the data they’ve harvested, having reportedly had two apparently separate half-million-user-sized leaks recently, so a looping web server redirect is far from impossible.

Contact FaceBook support.

Facebook will not open in Safari- too many directives. Never had the problem before and not sure what this means as I am not tech savy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.