Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi question mark is keep coming up but I can not restart

I tried factory setting for my iMac 21.5 2013. and I went recovery mode and did data erase but I turn computer off after that and turned it on. on screen there is question mark on folder keep blinking

. any solution to finish factory reset

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 1:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 9:44 AM

It sounds like you successfully erased your hard drive, but never reinstalled an operating system. Hence the question mark. Until you reinstall an OS, you can not use the computer. Restart it in the Internet Recovery Mode (press Command + Option + R keys on restart) and follow the instructions to download and install a new operating system.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2021 9:44 AM in response to lkj2580

It sounds like you successfully erased your hard drive, but never reinstalled an operating system. Hence the question mark. Until you reinstall an OS, you can not use the computer. Restart it in the Internet Recovery Mode (press Command + Option + R keys on restart) and follow the instructions to download and install a new operating system.

Hi question mark is keep coming up but I can not restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.