Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My top feature requests for the Apple Notes App in 2021

I love Apple Notes, and I'm using it every day, but the lack of certain features prevents me from using it as my only app for digital note-taking. Following are my top 5 requested features for Apple Notes.

1. version history within every note and the ability to recover deleted content in the timeline (like in Simplenote). Alternatively I could live with a "read-only" mode so at least you can't accidentally delete some text.
  2. Ability to tag notes and use these tags for organizing notes as an alternative structure to the hierarchical folders (again, like in Simplenote). By the way, Apple already supports a similar feature in Finder on the Mac for any file. This would help me so much for better organization. Perhaps they could also implement some sort of automatically suggested tags using Machine Learning. 
  3. A fully featured and better performing web version of Apple Notes. Right now, the performance of the web version is horrible and unusable for me. Also, it lacks many basic features like inserting pictures, etc. Apple should really start taking their web version more seriously or discontinue it. 
  4. PDFs and Pictures as attachment and NOT printed out (like it's possible in OneNote, for example).
  5. better handwriting experience comparable to Notability or GoodNotes. This includes the ability to zoom in and out when in handwriting-mode, advanced selection tool options like changing the size, more formatting options, and more writing tools (e.g., thicker and thinner pens), vector ink, and generally a more responsive handwriting experience. It has come a long way already, but it's still far behind the competition.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 4:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 4:38 AM

Apple is not here, nor is the macOS product team responsible for Apple Notes. We are just fellow users and survey style questions are out of scope for the Apple Support Communities terms of usage.

Send feedback with your feature requests directly to the macOS Product team so they can see it.

1 reply

My top feature requests for the Apple Notes App in 2021

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.