Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch series 3

The exercise ring on my watch is tracking exercise that I’m not doing? It’s saying I have clocked up 20minutes exercise when I have not done any exercise? Been doing this for a few days now. I have the watch a few months now and it hasn’t done this before

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 5:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 9:30 PM

Your watch measures your heart rate and movement to count Exercise minutes and fill up your Exercise ring throughout the day - whether you start a workout or not. I typically find a few extra minutes each day because of this. Higher heart rates that were not part of any workout, and the watch happened to check me precisely at those moments.

The benefit of starting a workout is that the watch is then continuously tracking your heart rate, so you get full credit.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2021 9:30 PM in response to CBrady32

Your watch measures your heart rate and movement to count Exercise minutes and fill up your Exercise ring throughout the day - whether you start a workout or not. I typically find a few extra minutes each day because of this. Higher heart rates that were not part of any workout, and the watch happened to check me precisely at those moments.

The benefit of starting a workout is that the watch is then continuously tracking your heart rate, so you get full credit.

Apple Watch series 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.