Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Excel, Word and other Microsoft software not working for 6 months. How do I get the 32-bit to 64-bit app resolved with Microsoft? I'm having trouble getting a hold of them.

Excel, Word and other Microsoft software not working for 6 months. How do I get the 32-bit to 64-bit app problems resolved with Microsoft? I'm having trouble getting a hold of them.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 7:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 7:54 AM

The 64-bit Microsoft 365 subscription or single-purchase licenses are available from Apple's online store. The subscription-only Microsoft 365 applications can be obtained from the Mac App Store, and the single-purchase Office 2019 for Mac from the Apple online store. See my previous post on this subject.

Microsoft has announced that Office 2021 for Mac (single-purchase) will be released later this year, and they may retire Office 2019 at that time. It might be wasteful to do a single-purchase now, rather than go for Office 2021 when it becomes available.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2021 7:54 AM in response to FatG8r

The 64-bit Microsoft 365 subscription or single-purchase licenses are available from Apple's online store. The subscription-only Microsoft 365 applications can be obtained from the Mac App Store, and the single-purchase Office 2019 for Mac from the Apple online store. See my previous post on this subject.

Microsoft has announced that Office 2021 for Mac (single-purchase) will be released later this year, and they may retire Office 2019 at that time. It might be wasteful to do a single-purchase now, rather than go for Office 2021 when it becomes available.

Mar 21, 2021 8:37 AM in response to dialabrain

Thanks, I just had an uneventful chat with Microsoft as they said I got it free with my macpro which I had to repeatedly tell him/her that is was not free but paid for in the cost of laptop. They said I'd have to pay again for their product which is not going to happen as I will use your suggestion. I don't use Excel or Word enough. Thank you again!

Mar 21, 2021 8:38 AM in response to dialabrain

Thanks, I just had an uneventful chat with Microsoft as they said I got it free with my macpro which I had to repeatedly tell him/her that is was not free but paid for in the cost of laptop. They said I'd have to pay again for their product which is not going to happen as I will use your suggestion. I don't use Excel or Word enough. Thank you again!

Excel, Word and other Microsoft software not working for 6 months. How do I get the 32-bit to 64-bit app resolved with Microsoft? I'm having trouble getting a hold of them.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.