Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime Login Issue

I can log into everything else on my Mac except Facetime. FT gives me the following error message: "This account has no reachable addresses. Please sign in to 'appleid.apple.com' in order to add one." I went onto the site, all my account info is up to date, including my home address (assuming this is the address that was meant?), but I am still getting the warning.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 10:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 8:31 AM

Hi there,

From what we can tell, when you attempt to sign in to FaceTime on your MacBook Air, you're seeing an error alert that says "This account has no reachable addresses. Please sign into appleid.apple.com in order to add one.” We’re glad you’ve joined us in Apple Support Communities, and we’d be happy to provide some guidance.

We'd like to begin by clarifying that the address the alert is referring to is an email address, not your home address. You’ll want to start by signing in to your Apple ID account page as directed, then confirm if you have an email address listed in the ‘Reachable at’ section. If not, follow these steps to add one: 

About your Apple ID email addresses

“Add an additional email address

1. Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
  2. Click Edit in the Account section.
  3. Under Reachable at, select Add More.
  4. Enter your additional email address. Make sure you're not already using it as an Apple ID. 
  5. We'll send a verification to that address. Didn't get the email?
  6. Enter the verification code and click Verify.”

If you’re still having trouble signing in to FaceTime afterwards, work through the steps in this support article:

If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac

We hope this information is helpful. Don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any more questions.

Take care. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2021 8:31 AM in response to AppleTrashXX

Hi there,

From what we can tell, when you attempt to sign in to FaceTime on your MacBook Air, you're seeing an error alert that says "This account has no reachable addresses. Please sign into appleid.apple.com in order to add one.” We’re glad you’ve joined us in Apple Support Communities, and we’d be happy to provide some guidance.

We'd like to begin by clarifying that the address the alert is referring to is an email address, not your home address. You’ll want to start by signing in to your Apple ID account page as directed, then confirm if you have an email address listed in the ‘Reachable at’ section. If not, follow these steps to add one: 

About your Apple ID email addresses

“Add an additional email address

1. Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
  2. Click Edit in the Account section.
  3. Under Reachable at, select Add More.
  4. Enter your additional email address. Make sure you're not already using it as an Apple ID. 
  5. We'll send a verification to that address. Didn't get the email?
  6. Enter the verification code and click Verify.”

If you’re still having trouble signing in to FaceTime afterwards, work through the steps in this support article:

If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac

We hope this information is helpful. Don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any more questions.

Take care. 

Facetime Login Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.