Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

phone calls

I keep getting phone calls telling me my apple ID has been compromised, every time I block the number, they just call from a different number. the first six numbers are the same. I'm wanting to know if Robokiller from the App Store will stop these calls. I have got eight calls from different numbers today and it's getting on my nerves.

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 2:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 3:00 PM

It is a scam. Apple doesn't make unsolicited phone calls. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Also, the caller id number shown on scam and marketing calls is frequently not the number actually originating the call. The number is often spoofed (and as you have seen frequently changed).

One option to consider (and the one I use) is Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2021 3:00 PM in response to PELapple

It is a scam. Apple doesn't make unsolicited phone calls. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Also, the caller id number shown on scam and marketing calls is frequently not the number actually originating the call. The number is often spoofed (and as you have seen frequently changed).

One option to consider (and the one I use) is Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

phone calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.