Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my Notes password

I forgot my Notes password Please help with that, thanks

can you help me ?

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 3:21 PM

if you don't know the password that your note was locked with.. you will not be able to access it..

if you just want to reset the password for future notes

How to lock notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

9 replies

Mar 21, 2021 3:42 PM in response to KareemEyas

Notes uses reliable AES data encryption, and the password is the decryption key to that data.

Which leaves you to break AES data encryption, or to brute-force the password, or to remember the password.

An AES break would be quite newsworthy, which leaves you to find or to recall the password.

Finding the password through brute-force means can take days or weeks or years or centuries, depending on the robustness of the password.

Apple used a reliable encryption design to protect this data.

In short, no password, no data.

The fingerprint and Touch ID is a proxy for the iPhone password.

The iPhone password must be entered after booting, and at intervals after that, as determined by some different factors.

Your data encryption key for your iPhone data is your passcode, while Touch ID or Face ID is a proxy for that passcode.

Touch ID and Face ID are a means to reduce how often you have to enter the passcode, but are not a replacement.

Touch ID and Face ID do allow you choose a more robust passcode.

But Touch ID and Face ID do not replace the passcode.

Mar 21, 2021 4:12 PM in response to KareemEyas

KareemEyas wrote:

good news
so how I can to break the AES data? Is this available? How?

AES encryption is used by governments, militaries, and many if not most organizations.

An AES crack would rip the foundations from underneath computing and data security.

The best known attack on AES at present still takes billions of years.

Without that note password, your data is is inaccessible.

I forgot my Notes password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.