Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to sync my phone and iPad, I have two different ids how can I change my I’d.?

Trying to sync my iPhone and iPad I have two different ids. How can I change them to sync

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 7:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 4:51 AM

All devices that you wish to synchronise must be signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID. Unless you have explicit reason to do so - and understand the implications - all Apple devices that relate to the same User should use the AppleID.

As such, you need to decide which AppleID you wish to use moving forwards. This choice may be informed by your purchased Apps and service subscriptions - as all purchases and subscriptions are forever associated with the AppleID account from which the purchase was made. Whilst some Apps and subscriptions can be shared using Family Sharing, they cannot be transferred between different AppleID accounts.

When you have decided upon your preferred AppleID, you must sign-out of iCloud on your other device. When signing-out, you will be prompted to save a local copy of your iCloud data; if you choose to keep a local copy, this data will be merged (without duplication) with iCloud data of the AppleID that you subsequently use. If you do not keep a local copy, during sign-out, or locally saved iCloud data will be erased from the device (not iCloud).

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Sign Out

Having signed-out from iCloud, a restart of the device is recommended. After restart, sign-in to your preferred AppleID; if you previously saved a local copy of iCloud data, this will be merged with your chosen AppleID. Ensure that you have enabled all the Apple Apps and services that you wish to keep in-sync between your devices:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud - enable as required.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2021 4:51 AM in response to karrie214

All devices that you wish to synchronise must be signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID. Unless you have explicit reason to do so - and understand the implications - all Apple devices that relate to the same User should use the AppleID.

As such, you need to decide which AppleID you wish to use moving forwards. This choice may be informed by your purchased Apps and service subscriptions - as all purchases and subscriptions are forever associated with the AppleID account from which the purchase was made. Whilst some Apps and subscriptions can be shared using Family Sharing, they cannot be transferred between different AppleID accounts.

When you have decided upon your preferred AppleID, you must sign-out of iCloud on your other device. When signing-out, you will be prompted to save a local copy of your iCloud data; if you choose to keep a local copy, this data will be merged (without duplication) with iCloud data of the AppleID that you subsequently use. If you do not keep a local copy, during sign-out, or locally saved iCloud data will be erased from the device (not iCloud).

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Sign Out

Having signed-out from iCloud, a restart of the device is recommended. After restart, sign-in to your preferred AppleID; if you previously saved a local copy of iCloud data, this will be merged with your chosen AppleID. Ensure that you have enabled all the Apple Apps and services that you wish to keep in-sync between your devices:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud - enable as required.

Trying to sync my phone and iPad, I have two different ids how can I change my I’d.?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.