Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I remove and save the audio from a Quicktime movie?

Is there a way to extract the audio track from a QuickTime movie and save the audio track as an independent audio piece?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 9:51 AM

11 replies

Mar 22, 2021 11:50 AM in response to Limnos

Wow! Thank you both.

I have stepped into a computer entanglement!:

"free VLC media player" -- I don't have such. I did at one time have a vlc app but it was screwing up my internet processing, so I trashed it. It was not labelled as a "player". So I don't know where or anything about a free VLC media player (I'll check Google).

"passthrough as the codec and to a container format" -- is that english? -- ok, computer English.

But it exceeds my ability to translate.

Thank you both for your help!

But I will have to work on it.

Mar 22, 2021 12:05 PM in response to pwwwayne

From Google, I found and have dl'd Avast Security.

I am hoping that is what you referred to. It seems to have installed Chrome on myMBP.

So next I'll start from there and try to "export the file, using passthrough as the codec and to a container format that supports the type of audio component in the movie".

Does the fact that all the movies I am trying to extract audio from play on Mac's QuickTime?

How can I remove and save the audio from a Quicktime movie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.