Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to do a full backup of my macbook pro

i want to do a full backup of my late 2013 MacBook pro. how do i do this?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 10:13 AM

This is the easiest to use:

Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support

Time Machine may spend all afternoon making your first full backup. You can continue to do your regular work while it does this. The first Full Backup is by far the biggest backup. After that, it will work quietly and automatically in the background, without interrupting your regular work, and only save the incremental changes.

Time Machine's "claim to fame" is that it is the backup that gets done, because it does not ruin performance of the rest of the computer while doing its backup operations. You do not have to set aside a "Special Time" when you only do backups. When you need it, your Time Machine Backup is much more likely to be there.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2021 10:13 AM in response to vmhiggin

This is the easiest to use:

Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support

Time Machine may spend all afternoon making your first full backup. You can continue to do your regular work while it does this. The first Full Backup is by far the biggest backup. After that, it will work quietly and automatically in the background, without interrupting your regular work, and only save the incremental changes.

Time Machine's "claim to fame" is that it is the backup that gets done, because it does not ruin performance of the rest of the computer while doing its backup operations. You do not have to set aside a "Special Time" when you only do backups. When you need it, your Time Machine Backup is much more likely to be there.

how to do a full backup of my macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.