Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just put $25.00 on gift card and it’s all gone

I just put $25.00 on gift card, only spent8.00, and it all gone. Where did it go

iPhone SE, iOS 11

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 10:32 AM

2 replies

Mar 22, 2021 10:49 AM in response to Jennavie123

Perhaps you had a recent purchase for which you still needed to pay?

How App Store and iTunes Store purchases are billed - https://support.apple.com/HT201359

"Which payment method is charged?

When you buy items or pay for subscriptions, Apple attempts to charge your payment methods in this order:

1. Apple attempts to use your Apple ID balance to cover the full amount.

2. If you don't have Apple ID balance or you don't have enough to cover the full amount, Apple attempts to charge your primary payment method. The primary payment method is at the top of the list in Settings on your iPhone. You can control which payment method is at the top of the list.

3. If there's a problem with the primary payment method, or if the primary payment method can't be charged for the full remaining amount, Apple attempts to charge your other payment methods in order from top to bottom. If none of them can be charged, Apple may try again.

I just put $25.00 on gift card and it’s all gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.