Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't upload my ebook to Apple Books via PC

Hello all, I'm trying to upload my book to Apple Books. I'm using my PC windows 10. I follow the "How to Publish an Ebook from the Web" instructions. I have an account in iCloud, and iTunes Connect. I get as far as a message: "To publish to Apple Books, your Apple ID must be associated with a content provider" and it says to set up Users and Roles in iTunes Connect, then try again.

BUT I can't get through this step. 1. I get sent to Pages but the Books icon won't respond. 2. I can't figure out how to set up Users and Roles in iTunes since I can't get to that page.

Thank you for your help.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2021 4:43 AM

Hi Dave,

Yes, this same issue happened to me too for a few days (although I am a Mac user) until I realized that the bank card associated with the Apple ID was EXPIRED. I updated the card details in the Apple ID website and it all works perfectly fine now. This might work for some of us.

One wonders why Apple didn't provide this information in the error page that we end up crashing into. This would save us (and them) a lot of time. In my case it was the card details but try with other details in your account that might be outdated.

I hope this help some of you!

Regards

Miguel

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2021 4:43 AM in response to DaveTams

Hi Dave,

Yes, this same issue happened to me too for a few days (although I am a Mac user) until I realized that the bank card associated with the Apple ID was EXPIRED. I updated the card details in the Apple ID website and it all works perfectly fine now. This might work for some of us.

One wonders why Apple didn't provide this information in the error page that we end up crashing into. This would save us (and them) a lot of time. In my case it was the card details but try with other details in your account that might be outdated.

I hope this help some of you!

Regards

Miguel

Mar 24, 2021 5:55 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Thanks for the lead, but when I try to set up (I already did but it tells me to do it again) iTunes Connect, I get this message: "errors" : [ {
    "id" : "XMGSDUI6KE7DWQSFJXGU3FFJLM",
    "status" : "401",
    "code" : "NOT_AUTHORIZED.NO_ACCESS",
    "title" : "An account is required to access this system.",
    "detail" : "This Apple ID is not associated with any active account, so it cannot access this system.",
    "links" : {
      "see" : "/login?errorKey=ITC.signin.error.invalidUser"
    }
  } ]
}

Any ideas? Thank you.

Can't upload my ebook to Apple Books via PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.