Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what if remove device is not available

I'm switching iphones and in the instructions included with the new phone step 2 says "remove your iphone from your apple device list". However, my phone does not give me the option to remove device.

Is signing out the same thing?

iPhone XR

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 3:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 3:21 PM

There are a number of steps that you should perform on your old phone before selling, trading, or giving it away.

The following article goes over them in quite a bit of detail:

The key is to remove your Apple ID completely from your old phone so that it can be used by someone else. As you will see in the article, that typically means disabling "Find My," and signing out of a number of iCloud apps ... and iCloud itself.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2021 3:21 PM in response to msjpl13

There are a number of steps that you should perform on your old phone before selling, trading, or giving it away.

The following article goes over them in quite a bit of detail:

The key is to remove your Apple ID completely from your old phone so that it can be used by someone else. As you will see in the article, that typically means disabling "Find My," and signing out of a number of iCloud apps ... and iCloud itself.

what if remove device is not available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.