Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the Big Sur Login screen background picture??

I have just upgraded my 2019 Macbook Pro to Big Sur.

I can change the login screen on my iPad and my iPhone and used to be able to change the Login Screen on my MacBook Pro. Now it seems that option is gone?? and requires changes to sub-folders, etc.

Has everyone asked Apple to give us back this option to have our own Login Screen Background using Feedback?

If not, and you would like this option, please provide Apple with the Feedback...

... Otherwise we might lose this on our iPhones and iPads as well as they standarize ...

. Feedback - macOS - Apple

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 4:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 8:02 PM

Ronasara wrote:

At this time it is not possible to change the login screen. If you enable the automatic login, this screen is bypassed and the normal display screen you have selected will be displayed at startup.

Of course its possible,

Changing login screen background will be at high risk

Make sure you backup first!

go here https://macreports.com/how-to-change-the-login-screen-background-in-macos-big-sur/

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2021 8:02 PM in response to Ronasara

Ronasara wrote:

At this time it is not possible to change the login screen. If you enable the automatic login, this screen is bypassed and the normal display screen you have selected will be displayed at startup.

Of course its possible,

Changing login screen background will be at high risk

Make sure you backup first!

go here https://macreports.com/how-to-change-the-login-screen-background-in-macos-big-sur/

Mar 23, 2021 3:14 PM in response to MrHoffman

Thanks Calvin. I have found some workarounds, but prefer not to try them due to potential "high risk".

I have send Feedback to Apple and hope others will do so as well, if interested.

Imagine if we lose the login picture on all of our iPhones & iPads as Apple continues to standardize iOS and MacOS.

Many of us recognize our iPhones by their login background picture ...

How do I change the Big Sur Login screen background picture??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.