Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad stops working when on high charge - when plugged in will start again

Hey Fellow Apple Users!

I have had my Apple Ipad 6 since 2018, and it works perfectly except for this.

When I am using my Ipad on high percentages (ranging from around 30% to 90%) it can randomly crash. When I try to turn it back on, it will say that there is too low battery to start up. When I plug it in for under a minute, it will start again stating the original percentage.

As I use this Ipad for school and other educational things, it disrupts my learning and is very frustrating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Ivy

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 12:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 8:04 AM

As described, your iPad battery may be failing - and requires service. You would be best advised to directly contact Apple Support and request a remote battery diagnostic. The results of this test will inform your next steps.

Apple Support can be contacted using the Get Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can initiate a support case using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

A further alternative is to visit the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2021 8:04 AM in response to itsivyhere

As described, your iPad battery may be failing - and requires service. You would be best advised to directly contact Apple Support and request a remote battery diagnostic. The results of this test will inform your next steps.

Apple Support can be contacted using the Get Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can initiate a support case using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

A further alternative is to visit the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad.

Ipad stops working when on high charge - when plugged in will start again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.