Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Device possibly hacked

I got a pop up message on my calendar last night frpom apple support; Your Apple Device has been potentially hacked. Wanted me to click on link to install VPN. Message in calendar 1hour later You may be exposed online use VPN to fix it. Then funny invites started popping up and appearing in my calendar. I changed my password after that on Apple www. This all happened after I had my Iphone's screeen repaired at cellphone repair shop locally. The screen on my cellphone were repaired so why the message on my iPAD

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 2:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 2:53 AM

If running iOS 13 or earlier versions, check: Settings - Passwords & Accounts - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

If running iOS 14, check: Settings - Calendar - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

2 replies

Mar 25, 2021 10:43 AM in response to lodewyk64

Just had something similar happen. I received a pop-up message informing me that my computer had been hacked, don’t shut it down or click onto any windows, and call “Apple” at the provided number (1-8888-610-5017); which I did, then I hung up when person told me to go to anydesk.com. I shut down my computer and am looking into how to power-up safely, following this incident.

Device possibly hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.