Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i connect my apple tv gen 2 to the network without a remote and i've plugged the ethernet cable into my router, power source plugged in, and hdmi plugged into my laptop

how do i connect my apple tv gen 2 to the network without a remote and i've plugged the ethernet cable into my router, power source plugged in, and hdmi plugged into my laptop

Apple TV (2nd gen)

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 4:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 5:26 AM

The Apple TV box will not work as an accessory to a laptop. Connecting to a laptop is only useful for service (restoring the software), through USB (not HDMI). The Apple TV box is meant to connect through HDMI to a TV (or monitor or projector), for normal operation.

You can purchase a replacement remote from Apple or other resellers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2021 5:26 AM in response to sherah80

The Apple TV box will not work as an accessory to a laptop. Connecting to a laptop is only useful for service (restoring the software), through USB (not HDMI). The Apple TV box is meant to connect through HDMI to a TV (or monitor or projector), for normal operation.

You can purchase a replacement remote from Apple or other resellers.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.