Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad mini on my tv?

the best way to get my iPad Mini screen on my television?

iPad Mini 5, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 4:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 4:54 AM

If you not have an Apple TV where you can use AirPlay, then I would recommend you a Lightning Digital AV Adapter. You can connect it to your iPad Mini, and plug an HDMI cable from it, to your TV.

It can be bought in Apple's shop, for example:

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD826AM/A/lightning-digital-av-adapter

8 replies

Mar 23, 2021 5:01 AM in response to MariaTO

The “best” method will be determined by your needs - and the equipment that you have.

You can directly connect your iPad to your TV using a Lightning to Digital AV Adapter and and HDMI cable.

• Lightning Digital AV Adapter

https://store.apple.com/uk/xc/product/MD826ZM/A

Alternatively, you might choose to use an AppleTV box that is connected to your TV - and then use AirPlay to either “mirror” your iPad screen on your TV, or stream video content from your iPad to your TV screen. Likewise, if your TV supports AirPlay2, you can just connect using AirPlay without needing an AppleTV box.

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror your device’s screen – Apple Support

Mar 23, 2021 5:12 AM in response to MariaTO

As LotusPilot writes, it depends on what you are going to use it for.

A cable directly between iPad and TV will always be most stable. AirPlay can fail if, for example, your WiFi does not work properly. But it is more convinient as it is done wirelessly without cables. But both things work.

Mar 23, 2021 5:23 AM in response to Community User

JS-1987 wrote:

A cable directly between iPad and TV will always be most stable. AirPlay can fail if, for example, your WiFi does not work properly. But it is more convinient as it is done wirelessly without cables. But both things work.

A cable connection is not necessarily more stable. It is an entirely different connection interface. AirPlay is a very robust network protocol. As for stability, it will be no better nor worse than that of your existing WiFi network - to which your iPad already obtains its network connection.

Mar 23, 2021 8:37 AM in response to LotusPilot

AirPlay is dependent on several factors, ex. WiFi, and that you have a device that can receive signals via AirPlay, maybe an Apple TV.

The adapter requires an HDMI cable, and an input that is on virtually ALL TVs today. Therefore, I think a cable is more "stable" even though AirPlay is also working really well today.

iPad mini on my tv?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.