You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I fear I installed Spyware and I cannot fix it

I recently downloaded an app called "Translator" into my iphone. It never worked and it's not shown on my apps. Since then my phone is behaving with all the symptoms of being hacked. My battery lowers pretty fast, it jumps around and writes things by itself, etc. The App is not on the main screen and is not listed with the rest of the Apps on "Settings". I looked for solutions and found out that the App could be found within the normal "text Messages" App. There it was. So, I deleted it from there by left swiping and pushing delete. But, my phone is still behaving dodgy. Now what? Where is it?

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 4:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 5:11 AM

Did you download the app from the App Store? It sounds like your touchscreen is failing. Plus, an iPhone 6s is very old. It may be having hardware problems too. I would suggest that you get an appointment at an Apple Store or Apple authorized service center for an evaluation.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 23, 2021 5:11 AM in response to ACASMARIA

Did you download the app from the App Store? It sounds like your touchscreen is failing. Plus, an iPhone 6s is very old. It may be having hardware problems too. I would suggest that you get an appointment at an Apple Store or Apple authorized service center for an evaluation.

I fear I installed Spyware and I cannot fix it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.