Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to recover my iCloud EMAIL password

I forgot my second iCloud email password. How can i reset it?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 5:33 AM

2 replies

Mar 24, 2021 7:01 AM in response to MNogueira73

Hi MNogueira73,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. Being able to access your email is certainly important! It looks like you might need assistance in resetting your iCloud email password, and we have a link to walk you through it.

Check out the steps here to start: If you forgot your Apple ID password. Once you've reset the password, we recommend following these steps also: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password

Let us know if you have any questions. Have a good day.

Mar 24, 2021 9:55 AM in response to MNogueira73

The primary Apple ID is signed in Mac system preferences say example1@icloud.com , you had also added secondary Apple ID say example2@gmail.com and it will be below the primary Apple ID address in appleid.apple.com

You need to reset the apple id password of example2@gmail.com .

For that open a new tab ( use command and T keys ) in the same browser and use iforgot.apple.com link and reset the password it depends the account was set with secondary authentication or two factor authentication ( the link is already in the thread ) .

But this article What to do after you change your Apple ID or password

Will not help as you are not changing primary Apple ID password .

See the section - Additional email addresses

in the article About your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support

Note : additional mail address can be Apple ID address that you can create or previously created with different account credentials , they are not necessary always as simple web mail address created .

how to recover my iCloud EMAIL password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.