Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB-C power adapter isn't charging my Mac notebook

how am I supposed to fix it??

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 5:09 PM

Try an SMC Reset if you have an Intel Mac.

Disconnect all external devices from the laptop.

Make sure to connect the charger directly to the laptop since a multi-port adapter, dock, or hub may not allow the charger's full power to reach the laptop. Try each USB-C port especially on the other side of the laptop if you have four ports. Also try rotating the USB-C connector 180 degrees upside down (I know it sounds crazy, but it can make a difference sometimes).

Try unplugging the charger from the electrical outlet for a minute to reset the charger's internal circuitry.

Here is an Apple article for troubleshooting USB-C charging issues:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204652

If you find any ports to not work correctly, then you will need to have the laptop repaired.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2021 5:09 PM in response to jenifar32

Try an SMC Reset if you have an Intel Mac.

Disconnect all external devices from the laptop.

Make sure to connect the charger directly to the laptop since a multi-port adapter, dock, or hub may not allow the charger's full power to reach the laptop. Try each USB-C port especially on the other side of the laptop if you have four ports. Also try rotating the USB-C connector 180 degrees upside down (I know it sounds crazy, but it can make a difference sometimes).

Try unplugging the charger from the electrical outlet for a minute to reset the charger's internal circuitry.

Here is an Apple article for troubleshooting USB-C charging issues:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204652

If you find any ports to not work correctly, then you will need to have the laptop repaired.

USB-C power adapter isn't charging my Mac notebook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.