Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Word and excel documents

I have just bought a mac book pro having moved from PC. I have many microsoft word and excel documents which I use and numbers and pages does not "cut the mustard." I have downloaded office 365 (having already owned office 2019 on my PC) which I have used for a week or two and am due to either cancel or pay the subscription. I do not and will not use powerpoint, one note, and outlook, so all I need is to have access to and alter my word and excel documents. I would prefer to use a word and excel app rather than try to adapt my usage with numbers and pages. Does anyone know how I can download an app for just Microsoft word and excel for a one-of fee, which would seem to me to be much more economic

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 3:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 3:53 PM

I work and go to school. I have the MacBook Air M1, I've had other MacBooks prior. And I've also utilized MS Office suties. You buy the latest software and install it, during installation you can select CUSTOM installation, in that case you will be able to select only the applications you need, such as WORD and EXCEL.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2021 3:53 PM in response to DumbodumboB

I work and go to school. I have the MacBook Air M1, I've had other MacBooks prior. And I've also utilized MS Office suties. You buy the latest software and install it, during installation you can select CUSTOM installation, in that case you will be able to select only the applications you need, such as WORD and EXCEL.

Mar 23, 2021 5:32 PM in response to DumbodumboB

DunbodumboB Said:

“Word and excel documents: [...]Does anyone know how I can download an app for just Microsoft word and excel for a one-of fee, which would seem to me to be much more economic”

———-

Contact Microsoft:

This is Microsoft software.

They are the developer of it.

So, take this up with Microsoft.

Do so here: Contact Us - Virtual Agent - Microsoft Support

Word and excel documents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.