Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts very slow ( spinning wheel)

I shaw a thread on this topic with a few basic troubles shooting steps that ended with the person deferred to apple support.

I was wondering what in the end the solution is to resolve the very sluggish response of apple contact when connecting to a external ( in my case google) account

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 3:34 PM

3 replies

Mar 24, 2021 10:43 AM in response to Sjevert

Hey there Sjevert,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. We'd be happy to take a closer look into this issue with you.

So we understand the issue fully, can you provide us with a few more details on what's going on with contacts on your device? For example, are you having issues with the Contacts app loading slowly, or are you having issues with pulling up contacts from this specific Google account?

If having issues with the Contacts app specifically, take a look at the steps listed here that may help: If an app on your Mac stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Take care!

Mar 24, 2021 5:03 PM in response to Chris_V89

It feels to me that somehow the database or the index of the contacts is corrupt. If I lookup or try to modify or delete a duplicate or obsolete contact, I usually get the colored wheel and it takes somewhere from 10 sec to a minute to make up its mind. This happens on the iMac, the iPad Pro and the 1phone 10S. I have about 5000 contacts. I have tried to synchronize to google contacts in the past and now have a mix of 80% overlap of google and apple contacts. All not a smooth operation at all.

Contacts very slow ( spinning wheel)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.