You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Word Portrait Permanent on my photo?

Can I remove the word Portrait from the photo I'm looking at in icloud/photos? It seems like some kind of watermark. I can't make any sense out of the 'inspect' function. What happened to 'get info' and it would tell you the name of the file and where it was located.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 6:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 9:02 PM

I assume you are seeing this in the Photos application on macOS, independent of whether iCloud Photos is involved or not.

The appearance of the "Portrait" badge (on photos taken with the portrait option) is controlled by View > Metadata > File Type.

I'm not sure what "inspect" function you mean.

Command-I (or Window > Info) still reveals/hides an Info window with the name of the selected photo (and many other details). The internal name and storage location of the actual file(s) holding the image is considered an implementation detail we don't need to know.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 23, 2021 9:02 PM in response to Find_My

I assume you are seeing this in the Photos application on macOS, independent of whether iCloud Photos is involved or not.

The appearance of the "Portrait" badge (on photos taken with the portrait option) is controlled by View > Metadata > File Type.

I'm not sure what "inspect" function you mean.

Command-I (or Window > Info) still reveals/hides an Info window with the name of the selected photo (and many other details). The internal name and storage location of the actual file(s) holding the image is considered an implementation detail we don't need to know.

Word Portrait Permanent on my photo?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.