Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why Can't I send photos through Airdrop to my M1?

Unable to receive items via airdrop in M1 from Iphone to Mac

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 3:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 6:20 AM

Hey there fei_feilou,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand you’re having issues using AirDrop between your iPhone and Mac. We’ll be happy to help.

Make sure you’ve set your Mac up to work with AirDrop using the steps from the following link and review the steps under “If you can't see the other device in AirDrop” as well:

Use AirDrop on your Mac

We hope this helps. Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2021 6:20 AM in response to fei_feilou

Hey there fei_feilou,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand you’re having issues using AirDrop between your iPhone and Mac. We’ll be happy to help.

Make sure you’ve set your Mac up to work with AirDrop using the steps from the following link and review the steps under “If you can't see the other device in AirDrop” as well:

Use AirDrop on your Mac

We hope this helps. Take care.

Apr 24, 2021 1:59 AM in response to fei_feilou

I happened to have solved my issue. The problem arise because both devices have the same name(under SystemPreferences in MAC see Users and Group). For some reason the files won't push through if they are of the same name. I tried logging in as a guest user and then the Airdrop seems to be working with the other device. Therefore, I decided to rename my phones user and tried the originally set up user in my Mac and all is now working.

why Can't I send photos through Airdrop to my M1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.